The Board of Commissioners of Public Lands (BCPL) today approved slightly more than $4 million in State Trust Fund Loans to support 11 community projects in Wisconsin.
The BCPL approved the following loans:
· Balsam Lake Protection & Rehabilitation District, Polk County / Purchase aquatic plant harvester and support equipment / $167,645
· Town of Brooklyn, Green County / Refinance fire district building loan / $381,350
· City of Greenfield, Milwaukee County / Install fiber optic network / $700,000
· Town of Lafayette, Walworth County / Construct town garage and salt shed / $600,000
· City of Montreal, Iron County / Refinance WRS unfunded pension liability / $609,789
· Town of Navarino, Shawano County / Refinance BCPL loan #2009150 / $24,496.10
· Town of Navarino, Shawano County / Purchase used rescue vehicle / $6,500
· City of Onalaska, La Crosse County / Finance public works projects / $134,190
· Oneida County / Refinance G.O. bonds dated December 30, 2002 / $360,000
· School District of Owen-Withee, Clark and Taylor Counties / $900,000
· City of Tomah, Monroe County / Purchase garbage/recycling vehicle / $247,659
The BCPL operates entirely on program revenue, without taxpayer money, and distributes more than 96 cents of every dollar of interest earned on BCPL State Trust Fund investments to Wisconsin’s public schools. The 2015 earnings of $35.5 million were the largest distribution in the agency’s history and provide the sole source of state funding for K‑12 public school library materials.